Christian music

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Who am I, a Nobody, or Someone Special?



Do you ever get depressed and feel like everything goes against you and no one likes you? We all do, and it is the result of the lies of Satan trying to lower our self-esteem so we might become paralyzed & ineffective as Christians, fall into his temptation traps, or even worse – feel like life is not worth living.

Don’t believe his lies. As a Christian you are very special to God, after all He gave His Son so you could have eternal life, and more than that He transformed you into a new creature that is forever different and forever worthy.

The following scriptural traits reflect who you became at your spiritual birth. The Word of God guarantees these traits to you simply because you were born into God’s family by faith in Christ and just how special you are to Him!

Who am I?

I am the salt of the earth, Matthew 5:13.
I am the light of the world, Matthew 5:14.
I am a child of God, John 1:12.
I am a part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life, John 15: 1-5.
I am Christ’s friend, John 15:15.
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit, John 15:16.
I am a slave of righteousness, Roman 6:18.
I am enslaved to God, Romans 6:22.
I am a son of God, Romans 8:14&15, Galatians 3:26-28 &4:6.
I am joint heirs with Christ, Romans 8:17 & Galatians 4:6-7.
I am a temple, a dwelling place of God, 1 Corinthians 3:16 &6:19.
I am united with and am one spirit with the Lord, 1 Corinthians 6:17.
I am a member of Christ’s body, 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Ephesians 5:30.
I am a new creation, 2 Corinthians 5:17.
I am a saint, Ephesians 1:1; Philippians 1:1; & Colossian 1:2.
I am the handiwork of God, Ephesians 2:10.
I am righteous & holy, Ephesians 4:24.
I am a citizen of Heaven, Philippians 3:20.
I am hidden with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.
I am an expression of the life of Christ, Colossians 3:4.
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved, Colossians 3:12 & 1 Thessalonians 1:4.
I am a son of light not darkness, 1 Thessalonians 5:5.
I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling, Hebrews 3:1.
I am a partaker of Christ; I share His life, Hebrew 3:14.
I am one of God’s living stones, being built into a spiritual house, 1 Peter 2:5.
I am a chosen, royal, holy possession of God, I Peter 2:9&10.
I am and alien & stranger in this world, 1 Peter 2:11.
I am an enemy of the devil, 1 Peter 5:8.
I resemble Christ when He returns, 1 John 3:1&2.
I am safe – the devil can’t touch me, 1 John 5:18.
I am not the great “I am”, but by the grace of God, I am what I am, 1 Corinthians 15:10.

Because of who you are in Christ, everyone of these characteristic is complete true of you, there is nothing you can do to make them truer, and nothing Satan can do to make them less true. So, the next time Satan starts lying to you and sapping your self worth, remind of who you in Christ!

No comments: