- Love for God. 2 Corinthians 5:14—the love of Christ compels me. The apostle had a deep and abiding love for the Lord, and it spilled over into his passion for evangelism. When you love someone, you can’t help but talk about him or her. With that in mind, who do you talk about more? Your family, your job, your pets, your favorite sports team, or your God? If you truly love God, you, like Paul, won’t be able to shut up about him. You’ll share the good news out of the overflow of his love for you and your love for him.
- Compassion for Others. Matthew 9:36—When Jesus saw the crowds, he had compassion on them for they were harassed like sheep without a shepherd.” To see others through the eyes of Jesus is to have your heart broken for the lost. How do people make it without Jesus? I dare you to go to a local shopping mall and do some serious people watching. As you watch, imagine them like sheep without a shepherd. Imagine the danger they are in from unseen wolves that want to digest them for dinner. May this little imagination exercise not only break your heart for them but stir you to steer any conversations you may have with them toward the foot of the cross.
- Judgment Day. 2 Corinthians 5:10-11—For we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ that each one may receive what is due him while in the body, whether it is good or bad. Therefore, because of the fear of the Lord, we persuade men. If the Apostle Paul was motivated to share the gospel because of the Judgment Day, how much more it should inspire us.
- The Imminent Return of Christ. 2 Peter 3:9-10—The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.” The return of Christ should motivate you to reach as many as possible before he returns, and the cup of his wrath overflows. Tic Tock. Tic Tock. The clock is ticking; so let’s get talking!
- The Reality of Hell. Hell is real. Hell is eternal. Hell is horrible. Those who don’t know Jesus are on a highway to hell. We have the message that can provide the exit to escape it. If that doesn’t motivate you to share your faith, then check your pulse; you could be dead. Let’s reach out with the hope of Jesus Christ to all those around you and bring in new children into the family of God.